Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » V4E Reverse Scan Reader Manual

Author Topic: V4E Reverse Scan Reader Manual
Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2006 11:31 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have an installation manual for the kit D12486 for the reverse scan analog reader from Cinemeccanica?
Best Regards
Demetris

|  IP: Logged

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2006 12:45 PM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, no need for the manual. Used the SRD one and worked approximately fine. One issue though that one should be concerned. If you connect this reader to any processor other than the CP650 remember to install an auxiliary 12V power supply to power up the "reader" (not the LED as the power supply included in the package is for the LED). Also the sound drum with the shaft which is included in this package, needs a 'pinhole' drill where the flyweel locks on it in order to attach the old flyweel to the new sound drum shaft. Another solution would be to make a threaded hole for a an M4 alen nut at the middle of the shaft looking at it from the flyweel side and just tighten the flyweel in this way. It will work as well but you need some special machining tools to perform any of the above so if not applicable, prefer 20 minutes run to a local machine shop to have them do that. If your existing exciter lamp assemply does not have the lateral adjustment, it should have a locator pin which you have to hammer out in order to fully adjust the lateral adjustment of the reader. I was very pleased with the reader and it gave perfect results. Not as easy to install as the BACP because you need a special alingment kit to perform the proper LED alingment, unlike the BACP ones where you just see the Green Leds Light up). It does have an auxiliary roller like the BACP ones to clear the film path from the LED brackets. But a damn well reader. Certainly has a lot of improvements since last time we installed a combo SRD reader in Cyprus (although this was just analog). The first thing I loved about it, is that Cinemeccanica has created a new way to achieve excellent focus on this reader with the reader lens having a small level type extension and a locking nut so the more you turn clockwise or counterclockwise the level, the further in or out the lens goes. This is a major improvement as I recall once we accidentaly pushed the whole lens back in the reader and had to dissasemple the whole thing to push the lens back in place again! Just my 2 cents of advice for this readers.
Best Regards

Demetris Thoupis

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: