Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » converting carbon arc lamphouse

Author Topic: converting carbon arc lamphouse
Dave Ritchie
Film Handler

- posted 10-22-2006 02:02 AM      Profile for Dave Ritchie   Email Dave Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am setting up a home theater in my shed- i have a ernemann II 35mm Projector with a super orion carbon arc lamphouse that i would like to convert to a bulb - I wood like to know what the best bulb for my needs would be, tungsten-halogen? i have a 16 foot throw and don't want to end up with not enough light,

|  IP: Logged

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-22-2006 02:06 AM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use 350mm diameter mirror with 250W halogen bulb on 9 meter throw and picture is good. Also You try for better results halogen 400W bulb (is powering from 36V).

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 10-22-2006 06:52 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The EVD bulb is the 400 watt halogen requiring a 36 volt transformer to operate. You build a support rod to mount the halogen filament in the same spot as the carbon arc point to allow the reflector to do the job. The bulb can run on A.C. but last longer on a D.C. power supply. Wittner Cine in Germany has transformers, sockets and other items to do this conversion.

Dave Ritchie
Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2006 01:05 AM      Profile for Dave Ritchie   Email Dave Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you
It's all ordered and on it way [Big Grin]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: