Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Problem with a Sony DFP-D2000 Unit

Author Topic: Problem with a Sony DFP-D2000 Unit
Chris Dugan
Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2006 08:17 PM      Profile for Chris Dugan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Dugan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got a little problem...and the manuals that I can find have no guide to this.

One of my processors is giving me a E712 in the digital display. Also, it's showing that the Left Channel is playing something, but nothing is coming through on my monitors.

Can anyone help or am I just doomed with a busted unit?

|  IP: Logged

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 10-03-2006 10:36 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not familiar with that error code either. There is a bulletin addressing channel level loss with the DFP-D2000. I have emailed it to Brad so he can post it in the library.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-03-2006 11:03 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All Sony processors are doomed. I've removed close to 20 DFP-2000's over the last quarter and replaced them with XD-10's. If you need any parts or whole units on the cheap contact our office. We have one for a door stop in our shop... a fitting end to an expensive product from a wonderful company.

BTW: You may very well be the first to use the "Its Busted terminology on this site... I can't remember it being usd here in for ever. I gotta remember to use that tommrrow at some point.... I can tell my customer that his AW-3 is busted! He'll think thats some new technical jargon [Wink] .

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: