Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » all spkrs wrk in Digital but no L or R in Stereo

Author Topic: all spkrs wrk in Digital but no L or R in Stereo
Carl King
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2006 10:42 AM      Profile for Carl King   Email Carl King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a problem that perplexes me. In one of my houses when I play a print in SR I get sound only from the left front speaker and that is a low volume. I have replaced the sound format card in the UltraStereo JS200 processor as well as the Noise Reduction Card and the PReAmp card. When I try to set the Dolby Tone Levels the lights on the Noise Reduction card (which should move to indicate settings) are blank on the right side and a solid green on the bottom of the left.

I'm thinking the problem is somewhere in the Ultra Stereo processor. Would a bad EQ card cause this?

Dolby Digital is working in this house but the track on the print is worn and requires that I play in SR.

|  IP: Logged

Charles Greenlee
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2006 11:29 AM      Profile for Charles Greenlee   Author's Homepage   Email Charles Greenlee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're not getting the lights on the right side, that means your processor isn't getting the signal. Check the connections from your solar cell, and or your external pre-amp if you have one. Also check to make sure the optical head is aligned properly, light may not be getting through to the right cell. Also check the preamp card in the processor itself, if there is one, and swap it with another temporarily. If you swap it out, and the problem goes away, it was the preamp card.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 08-28-2006 12:16 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember the obvious: you have a good LEFT signal. If you reverse left and right inputs, you will prove whether or not it is the processor. If suddenly the RIGHT channels light, then the input is at fault. Louis

Carl King
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-31-2006 09:41 AM      Profile for Carl King   Email Carl King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!

My tech support guy , AKA "Sparky", was in and found that several sections of the LED reader were burned out. The reader was replaced and all is well. With the reader burned out the signal was not getting to the equipment.

Thanks for your advise

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: