Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Source for 62.5mm Lens

Author Topic: Source for 62.5mm Lens
Don Furr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2006 10:28 PM      Profile for Don Furr   Email Don Furr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have a source for the smaller, 62.5mm lens that will fit in a Cinemeccanica 3 lens turrent?

Thanks....

Don

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-21-2006 02:05 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Both ISCO and Schneider offer the 62.5mm lens OD for the vast majority of their lenses. In the States, they are special order since that is a Euro lens format. 70.6mm only conforms to the US lens standard of 2-25/32". How they arrived at that size, beats the heck out of me.

Anyway, if you are willing to wait, your ISCO or Schneider dealer should be able to help you...get your focal length correct since it will be a special order.

Note too the older "Kiptar" lenses by ISCO (Black and Silver) went both ways...just remove the Silver section to revel the 62.5mm OD portion.

Thomas Jonsson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-21-2006 08:46 AM      Profile for Thomas Jonsson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don, I have two spare adapters. One is appr. 65mm long and the
other 100mm long plus adapter for CS attachment at the front.
Tell me wich one you need and IŽll send it to you.

Thomas

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: