Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CP650(incl.EX)>DPF-D2000>CM680>Amps...

Author Topic: CP650(incl.EX)>DPF-D2000>CM680>Amps...
Oliver Pasch
Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2006 03:11 PM      Profile for Oliver Pasch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear all,

i'm currently planning a setup that makes me think about what to do with the wiring of the surround-channels. Maybe someone's got an idea or has already been confronted with the same challenge.

Cinema-Processor is supposed to be a DOLBY CP650 (incl. EX)

Output-Wiring: 1 DB-25 for the front-channels, another DB-25 for the 4 surround-channels

Designation: USL CM-680 incl. active-cross-over

No problem until here!

But: there's a SONY DFP-D2000 for SDDS supposed to be inserted here.

My thoughts here are, that it will obviously need to be put in front of the CM-680 for monitoring- and cross-over-purposes. But it needs to be behind the CP650. What to do with the surround-channels here, as the DFP-2000 only supports two surround-channels in 5.1-layout? And has only one DB-25 for both stage-channels, LFE and 2 surround-channels!?

Ext.6-Channel input at the CP650 is already occupied by a dts-XD-10.

Any "custom-made"-solutions available, that actually link wall- and back-surround-channels when SDDS is playing? What about level-alignment?

Or might it be easier to forget about the CP-650 and order a CP-650D, so no EX-stuff up to the SDDS-unit, then a SA-10 and then the CM-680, which would also enable us to play SDDS-8-plus-EX if available, making it 8.1-audio.

I'm really looking forward to learn your opinions on this!

ThanxX and best regards or sincerely (wherever you live on this planet...)

Oliver

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: