Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CP650 Strange behavior

Author Topic: CP650 Strange behavior
Paer Hoegberg
Film Handler

- posted 06-06-2006 02:48 AM      Profile for Paer Hoegberg   Email Paer Hoegberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Twice last 2 weeks one of our CP650 fails.
- The Display reads "Dolby Digital" and "F".
- Pushing buttons "05", "10" or any other does not change display (the levels changes).
- The sound is about 2 sec. out of sync.
- The remote fader are black, no digits shown. (Turning remote fader changes the level).

This happend in both cased in the first 2 minutes of the film (after 15 minutes of commercial+trailers).
In both cases: Film was M:I:3

After reboot - the error-digit reads 3 or 4.

The solution: Reboot the CP650 - with no sound during reboot.

Any Idea

[ 06-06-2006, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: Paer Hoegberg ]

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-06-2006 05:52 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have not heard of that one...there shouldn't be the case of "no sound" during a reboot since the CP650 should be in its "bypass" mode (front panel red LEDs on behind the standby/on button). If you have no bypass sound then that is an issue and is probably related.

Have you tried calling Dolby's Technical support?

Paer Hoegberg
Film Handler

- posted 06-06-2006 06:49 AM      Profile for Paer Hoegberg   Email Paer Hoegberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK!
No sound in the boot monitor (connected to the processor, not the amps).

I have not checked the actual speakers.
--------
No, no call (yet) - but some time ago there was a something strange with our CP500, rebooting helped.
I called our chains technician, he told me - if rebooting helped and the problem only was rare - he could do nothing.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 06-06-2006 07:32 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve; whenever I hear of some problem from my British friends regarding equipment, I blame it on "slow electricity." (50 Hz.) Louis

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-07-2006 07:52 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And north of the border problems can be blamed on Canadian Hydro... Nasty power in some areas up north!

I heard a couple of days ago that some brand new 650's in SLC were doing similar things.. also re-booting on their own.

Mark

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 06-07-2006 10:28 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark said "And north of the border problems can be blamed on Canadian Hydro... Nasty power in some areas up north!"
I don't know about that

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-07-2006 06:36 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Gordon McLeod
I don't know about that

I forgot to mention that was a quote to me by a Mr. Stata in Kinmount.....

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: