Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Dolby CP-55 bizarre wake-up?

Author Topic: Dolby CP-55 bizarre wake-up?
George May
Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2006 05:09 AM      Profile for George May   Author's Homepage   Email George May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Symptoms:

When switched on, my CP-55 goes straight into Bypass mode. If I then remove the Bypass mode fuse from the CP-50 power supply unit it switches to normal operation and works fine. Replacing the bypass fuse again causes it to go back into Bypass mode.

I've cleaned the contacts on the Cat 249 and Cat 250. It makes no difference.

I can live with it, but what's happening? Can anyone help?

Thanks

George

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-30-2006 09:30 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be willing to wager it is your Cat 249 card. There is a circuit on that card that determines if all is okay with the main rails and if not, go to bypass. It, no doubt has an issue or possibly, one of the main power rails is indeed out of spec and it is properly trying to switch to bypass to get you to RXO the Cat 249 card. Which will probably need to be upgraded to the Cat 249A (a better card).

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2006 10:46 AM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
George, had the same problem and it was indeed the Cat 249 card.

George May
Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2006 06:58 AM      Profile for George May   Author's Homepage   Email George May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys. Steve, you win your wager. Replacing the 249 fixed the problem.

George

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: