Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Vic 5 auto dowser opens too fast

Author Topic: Vic 5 auto dowser opens too fast
Sally Burgess
Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2006 10:23 PM      Profile for Sally Burgess   Email Sally Burgess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the cinemascope change, the auto dowser is going down and up too fast, and as a result the patrons can see the lens change on screen as the turret goes round. Its a bit slower on the widescreen change. Any ideas?

|  IP: Logged

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 05-11-2006 10:52 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My guess, there may be a timing mechanism involved. What type of automation/console are you using?

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-12-2006 08:15 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we are running panalogic automation , the dowser timing can be adjusted accordingly in the setup. I guess it depends on what type of systems control you have in place.

Sally Burgess
Film Handler

- posted 05-12-2006 05:24 PM      Profile for Sally Burgess   Email Sally Burgess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey Darryl,
we are using Pennywise automation CA21 Babymation.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-12-2006 08:51 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What film is running through the projector while the turret is rotating?

Where I work (as far as i'm aware) the dowser stays open.
Because we just have black colour spacing film that is running through the projector while the lenses flip over, and the audience doesn't see anything.

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-14-2006 12:58 AM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Without knowing what soleniod etc, the easiest solution would be to insert a line in the programme, with c/s - pic off - delay 01 seconds. Then the next line will have pic on - volume change - lights down.
Again, just a temporary fix.

Rob Younger
Film Handler

- posted 05-15-2006 03:04 PM      Profile for Rob Younger   Email Rob Younger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sally, are you the same Sally that used to be based at Bluewater here in the UK?
The CA21 has adjustable dowser close timings, set from the 'engineering' mode. These should have been set up by the installation engineer to be slightly longer than the time taken for the turret to rotate. Do you know what version of software is running? (watch the clock display as you switch on the CA21)

Sally Burgess
Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2006 04:29 AM      Profile for Sally Burgess   Email Sally Burgess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Rob!!
Yes it is me!!
How the hell are ya?
I`m in NZ now, working for Hoyts 6 in Christchurch. Vic 5s again GROAN....
I still keep in touch with Dal and Clodey.
Am hoping to go up to Auckland to work at the new 10 screen Hoyts in Sylvia Park for a few months...they might be installing Christies AAAAGH. Eventually want to get out of projection and go more into operations though...

Rob Younger
Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2006 05:12 PM      Profile for Rob Younger   Email Rob Younger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Can't believe you're still with Hoyts!

It's good to hear you're still in touch wiith the guys!

Have you sorted out the Vic5 douser?

Why no pic on your posts?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: