Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Film Storage Ideas?

Author Topic: Film Storage Ideas?
William Collins
Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2006 04:03 AM      Profile for William Collins   Email William Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all found this website yesterday and I find it amazing! I'm only young and have been working as a projectionist for about 15 months, been in two very different cinemas so far, a 6 screen multiplex, and now im working in a small 2 screen. Im shocked at the way im told to store prints in my new work place, previously films that we didnt have room for on the platters we would store on a rack, like a kind of mock up platter if you wish, and where I am now I have to store around 6-7 prints on their sides against a wall. I have thought up a few ways to solving this, but the booth is so small and cramped i have bearly enough room to breath. i have asked the directors of the place to build me a cupboard just outside the booth door in a small foyer , but nothing has come around. so i have been wondering if there is a way that i can ultimatly store prints vertically on the wall with the rings still in place but with out resting them on the floor!

Cheers

|  IP: Logged

Jeffry L. Johnson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2006 11:51 AM      Profile for Jeffry L. Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeffry L. Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carlsson Equipment CE-system?

William Collins
Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2006 01:56 AM      Profile for William Collins   Email William Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks good, have you used them before?

Raphael Friedland
Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2006 05:19 AM      Profile for Raphael Friedland   Email Raphael Friedland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ITS LOOK VERY GOOD THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THE PRICE

Jeffry L. Johnson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2006 10:32 AM      Profile for Jeffry L. Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeffry L. Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have only seen their advertisement in Cinema Technology.

Paul Trimboli
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2006 11:16 PM      Profile for Paul Trimboli   Email Paul Trimboli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just make something simlar out of plywood, thats what we did at one place I worked. We did not have a trolley like that, the sleves just had handles on either end, most prints you could move by yourself, although I remember things like Gangs of New York needed 2 people.

William Collins
Film Handler

- posted 05-07-2006 07:17 PM      Profile for William Collins   Email William Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im working for a private cinema, the kind that rakes in the dosh, the cost is nothing, I want a clean booth, and seeing as the customers can see straight into the booth, its got to be tidy! i used to use a plywood board to move fims on in my old job but that was a big chain cinema and stingy with money, but its not just around the booth, its between my site and a couple of others in my area so the cases for the cassettes will make life easier in general.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 05-08-2006 09:53 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Paul Trimboli
Just make something simlar out of plywood, thats what we did at one place I worked. We did not have a trolley like that, the sleves just had handles on either end, most prints you could move by yourself, although I remember things like Gangs of New York needed 2 people.

If you make your own cabinet to store unprotected rolls of film, avoid materials like unfinished plywood, or painted surfaces that are likely to flake and generate debris. Plastic laminate surfaces (e.g., "Formica"), or hard finishes that won't chip or flake (e.g., polyurethane floor finish) are good choices.

William Collins
Film Handler

- posted 05-08-2006 06:01 PM      Profile for William Collins   Email William Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about just a large metal rack?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: