Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » MOD IIB conversion sought

Author Topic: MOD IIB conversion sought
Justin West
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2006 01:09 AM      Profile for Justin West   Email Justin West   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if anyone could advise on the challenge of converting a Smart MOD IIB processor into a MOD IIB DIT unit? What chip(s) exactly would be needed to make this change and/or does anyone here specialize in this conversion? Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Babb
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2006 02:13 AM      Profile for Mike Babb   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Babb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can buy it as a kit from Smart I believe, we did last year. With the kit the conversion is 15 minutes or less. A new back board, a new output card, a slight modification to the format card if I remember right. It says in the manual what is involved.

Oscar Neundorfer
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2006 07:43 PM      Profile for Oscar Neundorfer   Author's Homepage   Email Oscar Neundorfer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Justin,

The later MOD II's had a motherboard with an area for the parts needed to make it a DIT version. These parts were not installed in the regular version. I think I remember getting together all the items Mike needed for his conversion, but as I recall, this was not a regular kit that was on the price list. (I could be wrong about this as I have not been with SMART for a while and don't remember all the details). Just call and talk to Don at 1-800-457-6278. Tell him you need a DIT motherboard and instructions for modifying the output and format card to make it a DIT. It is really a fairly simple thing to do.

Oscar

Justin West
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2006 07:52 PM      Profile for Justin West   Email Justin West   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will do that, Oscar (and Mike)! Thank you, both!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: