Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Difference between test film Dolby Cat. No. 69T and Dolby Cat. No. 1012 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Difference between test film Dolby Cat. No. 69T and Dolby Cat. No. 1012
Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-05-2006 03:24 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are there any difference between these two test films or?

Can I set Dolby level with both of them?

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-05-2006 07:47 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Marin Zorica
Can I set Dolby level with both of them?

You can try but I wouldn't recommend using any Dolby produced analog test films at all until you can check their accuracy. The Dolby made films done over the last three or four years have been some of the more inconsistant test films produced. They are very off the mark some of the time and good at other times. If you don't have the capability to check them then you have no idea if your alignment is correct or not.

Test films that are accurate and on the money are available from NT Audio-Visual. I recently discarded almost all of my Dolby analog test film... some was good and some was bad... There's no time to fool around in this regard....

Mark

Eric Robinson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-05-2006 11:47 PM      Profile for Eric Robinson   Email Eric Robinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mark,

I found the following contact information for NT Audio Visual:
NT AUDIO VISUAL SUPPLY, INC.
PO Box 1766
Santa Monica, CA 90406
310-828-1098
Is this the company you are refering to? If so, do they have a catalog or website where they list their products.

Thanks...ERIC

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2006 02:50 AM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark Gulbrandsen
You can try but I wouldn't recommend using any Dolby produced analog test films at all until you can check their accuracy
Yes that's real problem, because i think that mine 69T isn't good because during loop playing in projector i hear some pip's, and sound changing, on other way cat. 1012 playing ok, and i can set level with them, I'm gona try it on some system that is already aligned to see what level would be indicated.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-06-2006 08:00 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Eric Robinson
Is this the company you are refering to? If so, do they have a catalog or website where they list their products.

Yes.. I don't know if they have a catalog but they probably do. Just call and ask to talk to Ada.

Marin,
How do you know the system you will check your film on was aligned with "good" film....... [Confused]

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 04-06-2006 09:15 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.. I don't know if they have a catalog but they probably do. Just call and ask to talk to Ada.

I think you mean Edel Adam, who joined NT Audio from Kodak several years ago:

http://www.ntaudio.com/managteam.html

quote:
Edel Adam
Edel has worked at NT Audio since March 2000 as Account Representative. She is responsible for developing new business, maintaining our current clients and acting as the liaison between the clients and NT. She is well versed in the film industry where she has worked for over 14 years. Prior to working at NT, she worked in Sales and Marketing for FPC Inc. a Kodak Company, where many of you may have worked with her.

NT Audio records the optical sound negatives used for many feature films:

http://www.ntaudio.com/contact_us.html

http://www.ntaudio.com/audio_overview.html

quote:
Behind the scenes, NT Audio has spent the past twenty years quietly revolutionizing the optical sound track recording industry. We pioneered the 1/2 speed recording process and Quad recording of all sound formats on the same negative. Purpose: to give our customers the highest quality recordings and maximum flexibility.
 -

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2006 10:13 AM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do you know the system you will check your film on was aligned with "good" film......
Yes i thought of that also, but I can try on couple of them, then aprox i have less chance to have bad result [sex]

Bad I can't belive that some company put "BAD" test film in selling....

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 04-06-2006 03:42 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
NT Audio records the optical sound negatives used for many feature films:
...and some very small potatoes jobs, too! Showbiz Intermission Clock

[Razz]

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-09-2006 08:54 AM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I record mine Cat 69T and upload here Cat 69T so if You can download it and listen is it good sound?

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 05-21-2009 07:20 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 1138 days since the last post.

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 05-21-2009 07:20 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the heck are the Cat. 1010, 1011, and 1012 test films?

--jhawk

Scott Ribbens
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-22-2009 04:00 AM      Profile for Scott Ribbens   Email Scott Ribbens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cat. #1010 Sync Test film
Cat. #1011 Channel ID Test film
Cat. #1012 Dolby Level Test film

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-23-2009 07:34 AM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reminder, as MArk pointed up....don't use any Dolby level test film, I have some of them (cat 69T) but they do have different levels. NT Audio makes great test films printed directly on B/W stock.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 02-07-2016 01:24 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 2451 days since the last post.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 02-07-2016 01:24 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there someone still selling decent testloops?

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: