Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » anyone here work the movie studio grill in Dallas?

Author Topic: anyone here work the movie studio grill in Dallas?
Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2006 06:42 AM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A currier came in tonight wanting one of my movies... That was still playing! So I had him take a seat whilst I continued to help a repair crew work on the motor masking in one of the auditoriums ( I blew them away using 35PA to align the masking, which they were use to booth clowns having no clue). Anyway, I had to speed-breakdown the movie while running back and forth to the projector, so I may have missed peeling one splice, but I'm sure I got the rest. All splices were re-spliced on one side as per usual practice though.

The big thing to note is that movie had no DTS discs, and I was told to play in analog as a result. Just a notice in case someone throws a fit about no DTS discs. Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-13-2006 06:59 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
They have all Dolby Digital auditoriums, so it doesn't matter.

Darren Crimmins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2006 04:36 PM      Profile for Darren Crimmins   Email Darren Crimmins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is the mention of the Studio Movie Grill in Dallas because the print was to come from your theater and go to the movie grill? I recieved a circuited print of "Match Point" today and was wondering if that is the print you are talking about. It was indeed single spliced at the reel changes and did have one reel change that just had the tape torn instead of peeled off. It was broken down very nicely with plenty of artist type tape to keep the head leaders from unspooling in the cans. I screened the print and did not see anything wrong with it. If that was your print, it indeed left your theater in excellent shape!

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2006 04:23 PM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah that was mine. I was in such a hurry I ended up tearing a splice. I kept having to run to a projector down the hall in order to help with the new masking motor install. I just felt bad because there were no DTS discs. We're an all-DTS location (except for 2 DD screens), so I know how annoying it is to get a print with no discs. Thanks!

Darren Crimmins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2006 12:08 PM      Profile for Darren Crimmins   Email Darren Crimmins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many Woody Allen films only have an SR and SRD tracks, as far as digital goes, and this one is no different. The movie had no DTS discs because the print had no timecode, thus no discs to be delivered. So this is a case where the studio or whoever in fact didn't screw the theater by not delivering any discs. [Wink]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: