Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Remote fader for CP 65

Author Topic: Remote fader for CP 65
Mike Carro
Film Handler

- posted 11-15-2005 06:24 PM      Profile for Mike Carro   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Carro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for the best or most used remote fader for a CP 65
I have a Cat 122 but it had an extra switch on it that someone fabricated and I'm not sure how to hook it up or of the fidelity.
Any help would be appreciated

|  IP: Logged

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 11-15-2005 06:39 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dolby makes (made?) a remote fader box and also a remote box with a fader and format selector. All you really need, though, is a 100K linear potentiometer, which is a standard part, available at electronics suppliers (and Radio Shack).

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 11-15-2005 09:47 PM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dolby never made a fader specific to the CP55 or 65. A vendor in England made a full feature remote but these are hard to come by.

Either the Cat. No. 122 or 123 box will work fine. There are instructions in the manual on how to wire either to your processor, but in essence the box is a 100K linear pot.

The switch is probably a changover switch someone added.

Peter Hall
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2005 10:09 AM      Profile for Peter Hall   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI

We have both SA CP55 and CP65 remotes in stock - all used but fair. Email me for pix or I think there are some on our web site (some however are sold). You can use a pot and switches, and LEDs with resistors if you want to make something up..

Mike Carro
Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2005 03:53 PM      Profile for Mike Carro   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Carro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, thanks for all your help.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 01-03-2012 05:56 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 2238 days since the last post.

Mike Carro
Film Handler

- posted 01-03-2012 05:56 PM      Profile for Mike Carro   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Carro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forgot about this and now want to install it. I couldn't find anything in the manual. The Fader box has 1,2,3,4 and the back of the CP65 has C,E,B,A,D. So what goes where?
thanks
 -
 -

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-03-2012 07:05 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The ABCDE refers to the Cat 123 as would be used in a changeover application.

If you look over to right side of that diagram (the full size one, not the snippet you have shown) you will see how to connect just the Cat 122.

1 = A
2 = B
3 = D
4 = E

D and E light up the LED when it is active.

-Steve

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-03-2012 09:28 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sound Associates in the UK used to make a great remote

Christos Mitsakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-04-2012 07:12 AM      Profile for Christos Mitsakis   Email Christos Mitsakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Steve said...

-

Mike Carro
Film Handler

- posted 01-05-2012 09:40 AM      Profile for Mike Carro   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Carro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doh! I'm VERY unobservant. Thanks so much.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: