Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Thoughts on the MX3 MiT platter system

Author Topic: Thoughts on the MX3 MiT platter system
Thomas Dieter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2005 03:39 PM      Profile for Thomas Dieter   Email Thomas Dieter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For a while, I've been looking at all the different kinds of platter systems, and I have to say that all of them look for the most part the same. if you look at the Strong Post Platter, most of the platter systems resemble it when it comes to the brain. The Big Sky has it's own little setup, but still rather the same. And the Christie AW3 and Movie Inmage Technology MX3 look the same all around. I suppose that dosen't help that the people that started MiT are previous Christie Employees that got tired of complaints and fixed all of the problems they got complaints on.

Anyways, to get on topic, has anyone worked with the MX3 platter system, and what are your pros and cons on it. I've heard from my tech that all the problems that he's gotten calls for on the AW3 have been resolved for the most part. I will say that I really like their rollers compared to christie. so there's a plus. I also like the simplicity of the brain, and that the brain sits IN the platter unlike the AW3. Anything else.

[ 10-28-2005, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Thomas Dieter ]

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-28-2005 04:25 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I posted a huge list of problems with that platter back when it was first released. Some of which have since been fixed. To my knowledge, other problems still remain. I'm honestly not sure what the exact design of the platter is right now.

Now fix your thread title or we will have to delete it! [evil]

Chase Taylor
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2005 07:22 PM      Profile for Chase Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Chase Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We put in 4 of them at our Drive-In. They run smooth as glass with double features loaded on them. Install was a breeze and their support has been unbelievable. They even came to our site to make sure everything was running correctly. I have thoroughly enjoyed doing business with them.

Chase Taylor
Continental Cinema Corporation

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-28-2005 09:43 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For me any new company is a wait and see company. I'd be mroe concerned are they going to be around after 5 or so years. If they are then I might consider using their products. I personally don't like my customers to act as guinea pigs for new products unless they specifically request to be. Do we really don't need another projection manufacturer out there. Some of what they are marketing is just re-branded stuff anyway... Anyone can do that.

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: