Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Westar 2001 manual?

Author Topic: Westar 2001 manual?
Amanda Mundin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2005 01:34 PM      Profile for Amanda Mundin   Email Amanda Mundin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cant find the manual for Westar 2001 35mm film projector under the manuals section, am I right in thinking that Westars are the same as Centurys, and if so which of the Century models is the same as the Westar 2001?

|  IP: Logged

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 10-06-2005 01:57 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Westrex /star 2001 is similar to a Century C. The castings on the upper and lower sprockets are removeable as in a Simplex XL type of machine. The intermittent drive gears + vertical shaft and associated hardware are different than a Century. The lens mount will have a notch to accept a pre-focused lens sleeve There are many models to the 2001 and since the company was bought about 20 years ago, your unit may or may not have been upgraded....ICECO in Miami has a manual on line at their site but it does not match my file copy from the original Westrex in London.

Amanda Mundin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-08-2005 07:45 AM      Profile for Amanda Mundin   Email Amanda Mundin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that, i'll check that out on their website

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: