Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Ernemann VIIIb / X sound lens diameter?

Author Topic: Ernemann VIIIb / X sound lens diameter?
Joop de Gruiter
Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2005 12:11 PM      Profile for Joop de Gruiter   Email Joop de Gruiter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are planning a laser upgrade at our cinema. The type we are interested in buying consists of a laser in a sleeve that replaces the sound lens. Does anyone know the exact diameter of the sound lens or rather the hole in which the lens fits? The lens of the VIIIb seems to be aprox. 18mm in diameter. But it's hard to measure exactly without taking the lens out.

The projectors we are upgrading are:

Ernemann VIIIb (8b)
Ernemann X (10)

Thankful for any help.

Joop

|  IP: Logged

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2005 01:54 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hm i don't know exactly for ernemann 8B, but i know for iskra Np-21 and other iskra projector what are basically copy of ernemann VIII, there diameter is 20,4mm.

Ever hear for iskra projector?

This is picture of slit lenses, iskra slit lenses is left one(not black ones!)

-

Peter Hall
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-29-2005 08:46 AM      Profile for Peter Hall   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

Possibly not so easy.. There are two types of sound heads, one with a std lens and one with a funky shorter lens with a pile of cams to adjust and that wont fit the length of a std laser. We have used a special bracket to sort the later type (as in the Ernemann 12). Curious to know which sort of laser you are using - we can supply a kit complete with bracket if it helps..

Adrian Steiner
Film Handler

- posted 10-08-2005 09:48 AM      Profile for Adrian Steiner   Email Adrian Steiner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've here an Ernemann 8b that had a laser upgrade.
Is that the same soundhead as yours, Joop?

-

-

-

Jerry Axelsson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-08-2005 03:01 PM      Profile for Jerry Axelsson   Email Jerry Axelsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joop, it will be interesting to see what conversion kits that are available for this nice machine and what they cost?

Please drop me a line when the conversion is done. I would be interested in seing how the conversion turned out.

After all, I am working less than 2 min from you at the QUALITY Cinema. [Wink]

Regards

Jerry

Jerry Axelsson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-12-2005 11:36 AM      Profile for Jerry Axelsson   Email Jerry Axelsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joop,

How is that sound conversion coming along?
What did you settle for and how does it work?
I am curious...

Kind regards

Jerry

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: