Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CNA-200 with intermissions?

Author Topic: CNA-200 with intermissions?
Tommie Evans
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2005 03:55 PM      Profile for Tommie Evans   Email Tommie Evans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, we are running films with intermissions on the Cinemeccanica Vector 1000 automation - which is fine as this can be a timed step that does not require a pulse to restart after intermission. (we use a cue 3 ft before the interval but none after)

Now, and I have searched the forums and manuals with no joy! We move the intermission(ed) shows into our CNA-200 screens which as I understand needs a cue after intermission to fire the presentation back up after <intermission wait> command to activate the show start logic!

This is fine, but is there are way of cheating and getting the CNA-200 to resume after an intermission WITHOUT a cue, save changing a system we have worked with for 4 years?

|  IP: Logged

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2005 06:06 PM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andy A. at Sound Associates is probably the man for this

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 09-14-2005 06:56 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, I don't believe that you can start the second half of the intermission without the use of the cue tape as with the CNA series from STRONG - being that these units are software based units that doesn't have the "batch file" line commands like the CPA-10 that these CNA series replaced, instead of the old cam and clock motor automations that one can actually adjust a cam for however long needs one. And with intermissions being almost a thing of the past is probably why STRONG discountinued such a option.

Now, if you have access to the older CPA-10 units, that had clock start/stop/INTERMISSION feature within the software, then this autostart the 2nd half of the movie is possible.

-Monte

[ 09-15-2005, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Monte L Fullmer ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: