Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Dolby CP200 DC Power Lead?

Author Topic: Dolby CP200 DC Power Lead?
Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2005 01:55 PM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am trying to locate a Power Lead for my CP200 and so far without success, it appears that Dolby no longer stock it and I have so far unable to find the correct connectors to make a lead up.

The Power Lead I require is the one connected from the Power Supply PS1B to the Processor unit.

If anyone has one available or could provide details of the connector plugs, I would be most grateful for any assistance.
Email address deleted per posted policy

[ 09-14-2005, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

|  IP: Logged

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 09-14-2005 02:32 PM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might try Peter Hall who often posts here, or Dion Hansen ex of Dolby UK.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 09-15-2005 06:38 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This has been covered in another thread.

The Connector is AMP's "MR" series (Minature Rectangle). The power connector uses the 9-pin version. These should be available from your AMP brand supplier (Digikey is one source). The wire was 18awg, If I recall correctly. Make sure you make it pin-to-pin.

Chris Trainor
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2005 10:02 AM      Profile for Chris Trainor   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Trainor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mouser.com is where you can get them.

AMP 9ckt Matrix Plug
Part number 571-16405210 (mouser partnumber)
640521-0 (mfg part number)

AMP 18ga Socket (you'll need 9 per plug)
Part Number 571-6413001 (mouser partnumber)
641300-1 (mfg part number)

The sockets crimp onto the wire, so you'll need a small crimper. I also recomnend a tiny drop of solder to ensure they stay put. Once the sockets are in the plug your not gonna get them out without an extraction tool (which is retardedly overpriced).

The cost for the parts to make 1 cable is probably under $3USD.

If for some reason your in a jam and can't get them let me know and I"ll build one for you. I've got enough spare parts in stock to build 2 or 3 of them if needed.

--Chris

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: