Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Film-Guard availability in Nashville

Author Topic: Film-Guard availability in Nashville
Harry Robinson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2005 01:57 PM      Profile for Harry Robinson   Email Harry Robinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,

I remember that David Bevalaqua was working in Nashville just before he passed away. Was the company he represented handling Film Guard, and if so are they still located in the Nashville area? After running out of pads I tried some old pads that came with the media cleaner(not Film Tech). I think they were narrower gauge than the Film-Tech pads and came unravelled from the feed side. They then got caught in one of the sprockets on my Super and damaged some footage.

There's no substitute for the real thing. I'm assuming the wider gauge of the Film-Tech media pads will prevent this from reoccurring.

Thanks,

Harry

|  IP: Logged

Clint Koch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2005 02:36 PM      Profile for Clint Koch   Email Clint Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(615) 331-9368
Jack Roe USA Inc
I believe they can handle this for you.
Clint

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 09-09-2005 03:03 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Jack Roe USA still is a Film-Guard dealer. Just ordered a case of media pads today as a matter of fact. [Smile]

-Aaron

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2005 12:54 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Harry....

Jack Roe's offices are located in an office park over on Harding Place near the interstion of I-24 & Harding. It's near the Wendy's, KFC, White Castle... etc. The entrance to the office park is located on the same side of the road as the restuarants. I pick up my booth supplies from them in person without any problem.

Harry Robinson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2005 01:38 PM      Profile for Harry Robinson   Email Harry Robinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info, guys. I went over there and Chad fixed mne right up. For some reason the cores fit my Christie better than other pads, so I'm not experiencing the problem I had before.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: