Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » SDDS DFP-D2000 Lip Sync Adjustment "NOT IN SERVICE" error

Author Topic: SDDS DFP-D2000 Lip Sync Adjustment "NOT IN SERVICE" error
Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 08-30-2005 09:09 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know I've set this before from the SDDS console itself. I'm getting to the adjustment by hitting the little buttons inside...

"EDIT"
"F1"
"F1"
">"

And when I try to change the adjustment, I get ">> NOT IN SERVICE! <<"

Like I said, I remember doing this before. Does this mean that our tech has locked me out from making the change now? If so, I need to get him back in here to fix this stupid thing. Or I'll just keep running SR*D. It's just nice to have the SDDS available when something 8 channel comes through. [Frown]

|  IP: Logged

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 08-30-2005 11:45 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IIRC, you have to 'un-protect' the settings to be able to change anything from the keypad inside the door.

-Aaron

Jon Miller
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-31-2005 12:01 AM      Profile for Jon Miller   Email Jon Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FWIW, I had the same issue with the '2000 system I got for my home setup for almost next to nothing on eBay. The DFP-D2000 setup application and an old piece-o'-crap Windoze '98 PC [Smile] took care of the issue but only when the computer was hooked up and the program running. I have yet to permanently unprotect the settings as Aaron suggested and as of now don't feel the need to do so.

Of course, unless SDDS is part of your home screening room and you accept the consequences of poor setup, leave all adjustments to the experts to be safe.

Chris Trainor
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-03-2005 12:15 AM      Profile for Chris Trainor   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Trainor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They have a version of the SDDS setup software that runs on Win2k/XP as well. (just an fyi).

On a side note, does anyone know how to actually get the time to set on a DFP-D2000?? Everytime i set it from the software it just reverts back... annoying. heh. Not that it really matters... just annoying. [Smile] I can set anything else and have it stick.

--Chris

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: