Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Kodak Classes

Author Topic: Kodak Classes
Aaron Wesener
Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2005 02:23 PM      Profile for Aaron Wesener   Email Aaron Wesener   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does Kodak still run its projection training classes? I wanted to send my head projectionists to it but I can't seem to find any information on it. All of the links posted on this forum point to pages which have not been updated and the phone number has been disconnected. If this school no longer exists could you please recommend something that would be equally as valuable to my guys?

|  IP: Logged

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 08-09-2005 02:51 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Kodak ScreenCheck training program is still run under contract for some theatre circuits. The Kodak instructors go "on the road" to the theatre locations when a class of several dozen students can be arranged.

Kodak ScreenCheck moved from their training facility in Culver City CA about a year ago, and felt that on-site training was more effective.

Don Lane coordinates the ScreenCheck training program:

donald.f.lane@kodak.com

(323) 468-4430

Training programs are also available from other companies or consultants (e.g., Entertainment Equipment Company "Cinema Training Central" in Buffalo NY).

Aaron Wesener
Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2005 04:11 PM      Profile for Aaron Wesener   Email Aaron Wesener   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,

Do you happen to have any contact information for these other training companies? What about the Dolby class?

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 08-09-2005 09:27 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EEC Cinema Training Central:

http://www.entequip.com/ctc.asp

Dolby:

http://www.dolby.com/professional/motion_picture/solutions_exhibitors.html

quote:
Technical Support

The strongest product support in the business comes standard with every Dolby product. We provide access to technical support and regularly conduct training seminars to teach installation and service personnel how to get the best results with our cinema processors, and cinema sound systems in general. Contact your local Cinema Products Distributor or contact Dolby for more information

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 08-11-2005 09:46 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: John Pytlak
The Kodak ScreenCheck training program is still run
Yes, and someone who attended a session told me Kodak is using my Geneva Movement animation (found elsewhere on this site) in their presentation, to illustrate how an intermittent works. Although no one ever asked my permission to do this, I was flattered that they thought it was good enough to steal. (If they'd asked, I could've offered a high-res version.) [Wink]

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 08-11-2005 01:14 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't provide it to them, but I'll remind them of proper protocol. Sorry.

Alan Dallas
Film Handler

- posted 08-12-2005 07:32 AM      Profile for Alan Dallas   Email Alan Dallas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that look familier Tim. Last year when Harkins Corporate office sent the Kodak guy out to our house to give all the newer Assistant Manager's that projection training class he used the animation I found on this site.

I was going to comment on it at the time but don't think I did.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 08-12-2005 09:56 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, guys. Like I said, I was honored that they lifted it, but an email would have been nice. [Wink]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: