Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Pro 35 Intermittent shoe question (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Pro 35 Intermittent shoe question
Brant Veilleux
Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2005 03:52 PM      Profile for Brant Veilleux   Author's Homepage   Email Brant Veilleux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am trying to hunt down some part #'s for a pro 35. I have only been able to find a manual for one that has the intermittent shoe and the gate as one piece. I have checked this site and Ballantyne's site, plus I did a google search. Unfortunately, the projector I am working on has the intermittent shoe separately from the gate. If anyone can point me in the right direction on this one it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2005 05:41 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you got some Disney versions?

Dan Bouvier
Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2005 05:43 PM      Profile for Dan Bouvier   Email Dan Bouvier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've used different Pro-35s that had different gates. I dunno why. Luckily they never broke, not the gates at least.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 07-22-2005 05:59 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Pro35/70 had the pad as a hinged assembly much like a century even when running 35mm I would sujest trying to find a Pro35/70manual

Scott Manley
Film Handler

- posted 07-23-2005 08:46 AM      Profile for Scott Manley   Email Scott Manley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
any way to see a picture of it?

Brant Veilleux
Film Handler

- posted 07-25-2005 09:52 PM      Profile for Brant Veilleux   Author's Homepage   Email Brant Veilleux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is what I am referring to. This is an image of a cannibalized one I have in the shop and is not the one I am working on in the field. Luckily it still has the part that I am speaking of.

Thanks for the tip Gordon. I haven't found a manual for a Pro35/70 yet but, it gives me a direction to look in.

Thanks again!

-

Don Sneed
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-25-2005 11:06 PM      Profile for Don Sneed   Author's Homepage   Email Don Sneed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I been around many pro-35 since they first came out in the 70's, I never seen one like this....I will print the picture & show it to the Strong tech tomorrow...Troy will be at a new 18-screen theatre I just finish installing in Columbus Ohio, if anyone will know it will be him, I will get back to you tomorrow night or on Wednesday with the answer...

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 07-26-2005 07:38 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is the Pro35/70 machine version

Don Sneed
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-27-2005 11:06 PM      Profile for Don Sneed   Author's Homepage   Email Don Sneed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Gordon is correct again, it is a pro-35/70...the only one I seen & installed was 25 years ago...Strong's tech say it was a 35/70 & you can still get the intermittent shoes....

Brant Veilleux
Film Handler

- posted 07-28-2005 06:59 AM      Profile for Brant Veilleux   Author's Homepage   Email Brant Veilleux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well then,

I feel pretty gifted. I have inherited quite a number of these curiosities that are still operating in the field to watch over.

I have acquired the PRO70 manual from strong, and of course, really only need the 35mm part #'s with this 70 / 35 configuration. Unfortunately, looks like it is only for 70mm. Worst of both manual worlds I suppose.

I really appreciate the Ballentyne/Simplex/Strong heritage and firm, I just wish it were the Norelco model.

Thanks for all the information. I’ll submit the 70mm Manual to the site in case the museum I currently curate has a few loose cannons out there. I have some other jems in the collection also. I’m going to hold out on those until the time is right though.

Thanks again!

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 07-28-2005 08:22 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The pro35/70 parts are officialy still available
I used to have one of the manuals but can't find what box it is in
If I find it I will scan it

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 07-30-2005 09:35 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found the manual and scanned it and emailed to brad so it should soon be available

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-30-2005 10:54 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Online tonight at midnight. Thanks Gord. [Cool]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-30-2005 11:22 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There were at least several pairs of those in the Chicago area mainly amongst the old M&R chain when they existed and boy howdy those sure look like the typical unmaintained Chicago Ballantyne [puke] . There was definately a pair up at the location on Wells st.

Mark

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 07-31-2005 11:13 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There used to be a fair number of them in thegreater toronto area as well and they stood up very well and only got removed when the location closed
Most of them got installed to handle the large request for 70mm capability in the mid 80's

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: