Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Attached trailer on "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" in Spanish

Author Topic: Attached trailer on "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" in Spanish
Emma Tomiak
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-14-2005 03:20 AM      Profile for Emma Tomiak   Author's Homepage   Email Emma Tomiak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I screened our print of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory this evening, the attached trailer ("The Corpse Bride") was in Spanish! The narration and dialogue were both in Spanish, although I swear I heard some English in there too.

Has this happened with anyone else's prints? Also, how unusual is it to have an attached trailer that's a different language from the film it's attached to? We receive loose trailers for films that are dubbed in Spanish sometimes, but this was just plain weird.

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 07-14-2005 03:58 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember back in '98 when "Ants" came out for that October.

But that summer when we were playing the trailers for this movie, some of the trailers were dubbed in French for DTS trailer disc playback, yet the optical track was in English.

..and it wasn't marked on the trailer leads of any sort of language dubbing for any of the soundtracks.

Go figure on that one...

I'll have to check our supply of these trailers for any mentioning on the leads for a dubbed soundtrack.

-Monte

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-14-2005 05:41 AM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine was also in Spanish. People thought I screwed up, but I pointed out it was the attached trailer.

BTW the english you are hearing is dialog from the movie itself. The narration overlay is in spanish.

Emma Tomiak
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-14-2005 09:57 AM      Profile for Emma Tomiak   Author's Homepage   Email Emma Tomiak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhhhh I see. I hope our second print doesn't have this issue as well!

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 07-15-2005 04:46 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Warner Bros. is going to ship replacement trailers to theatres which received these prints. There is no need to report it, as WB has already tracked the affected prints.

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2005 05:33 AM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Warner Bros. is going to have us projectionists replace them. Its always nice to know you can have the mistakes corrected by someone else...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: