Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DTS Sparks! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: DTS Sparks!
Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2005 01:27 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I was glancing at a recent trailer disc from DTS and listed was "DTS Sparks!". Anyone know of this trailer?

AJG

|  IP: Logged

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2005 04:23 PM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the ad that goes with those. I havn't looked at it yet, but I assume its just the latest DTS policy run.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-11-2005 09:20 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be nice if they'd ship some prints out. 2 trailers in 13 years... that's kind of pathetic.

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2005 11:23 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wolff,

How did you get those ads? I'm probably due to order some new ones, so wondering if I can request them?

AJG

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 07-12-2005 03:37 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Give DTS a holler 1-800-959-4109 and ask about these DTS tags. Maybe they can give you a lead on how to get these tags.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2005 10:13 AM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron - contact the purchasing department in your corporate office. They will order those for you. You can get one DTS & one Dolby Digital for each unit that you have per quarter for free. Just send in a requisition (I used to work for your company).

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2005 12:46 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mike. That's the drill I've always followed, but I'm just hoping they'd send the new trailer. Last time I ordered DTS trailers and asked for Sonic Landscape, I got Digital Experience. Albeit, they were the revised version of Digital Experience.

AJG

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2005 01:29 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that they just warehouse them and ship them out from the warehouse. So, until the warehouse places another order ... I think you'll just have to wait ...

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2005 05:06 PM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I emailed Karen Hultgren directly. She will send your theater any DTS ads you want free of charge. You can specify between the "Sparks", "Piano" and "The Flying Disc".

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-13-2005 08:07 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We got ours. They are good, if too brief - they show off the sound system better than Sonic Landscape, but they're only about 5 or 6 seconds long, if that.

The other quibble I have is, the final logo only says DTS -- it doesn't include the words digital sound anywhere, so infrequent (or non-tech-head) moviegoers may not know what the hell DTS means.

On the good side -- A nice touch is that the scope and flat versions have different sound.

Thomas Dieter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-14-2005 01:34 AM      Profile for Thomas Dieter   Email Thomas Dieter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those that are looking for the number to contact for DTS trailers, here's the number.

DTS Trailer Orders
818-706-3525 x317
Sharon Henderson

Heath Dutton
Film Handler

- posted 08-14-2005 07:25 PM      Profile for Heath Dutton   Email Heath Dutton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love the new "sparks", we just got ours, and the theme goes extremely well with our Rave policy trailer. I love the fact that it's short. Thats the only thing I liked about sonic landscape. Another plus is that it's pretty dark, and if used on a dozen prints it won't show dirt or scratches as easily as sonic landscape or the flying disk of horror.

Daniel Schulz
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-15-2005 11:38 AM      Profile for Daniel Schulz   Author's Homepage   Email Daniel Schulz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Sharon Henderson is the contact for requesting the DTS Trailer Subscription Disc. To request 35mm prints of the new Sparks! trailers, please call Beth Neal at 818-706-3525 or email her at bneal@dtsonline.com.

Thanks,

Daniel @ DTS

Hannes Helfenstein
Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2005 04:13 PM      Profile for Hannes Helfenstein   Author's Homepage   Email Hannes Helfenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone tell me any details about the new DTS-trailer(s)? Are they also in DTS-ES?

Thanks for every information.

Mike B. Smith
Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2005 04:49 PM      Profile for Mike B. Smith   Email Mike B. Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes the new spark trailers are in DTS-ES. Also strange but true, both scope and flat DTS sparks have the same picture but different soundtracks. Trailers can be obtained by requesting them from cinematech@dtsonline.com

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: