Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Need Christie AW3 Platter Manual

Author Topic: Need Christie AW3 Platter Manual
Joshua Waaland
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-30-2005 10:33 PM      Profile for Joshua Waaland   Email Joshua Waaland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I looked in the manual section and I have a AW3-R manual here but it doesn't show all the same parts as the AW3 has. Does anyone have one they can e-mail me? Thanks a bunch!

|  IP: Logged

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2005 02:24 AM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have all AW3's with stationary centerfeeds. What's the problem, cap'n?

Joshua Waaland
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2005 09:48 AM      Profile for Joshua Waaland   Email Joshua Waaland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have one that came with other projection equipment I bought in a lot. I am trying to get it back together and working for a fellow collector nearby and I ran into a problem last night.

I carefully re-assembled the axles into the arms and got all that back together but when I turn on the power the motors turn slowly. I checked the set screw that is on the arm for adjustment but that didn't do anything. I am not sure if I put it back together wrong (seems unlikely since it can only go 1 or 2 ways and the alternative seemed wrong when I tried it) or if I need to adjust the pots on the cards. Can you e-mail me a page with the brain breakdown? Thanks.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-01-2005 01:34 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
First off, get the light out of the arm. Any light will make the motors turn. Shine a flashlight in there and you will see.

Second, time the platters. Proper instructions can be found on the "Christie platter tweeking" tips page here on the site, or lousy instructions can be found in the AW3R manual.

Joshua Waaland
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2005 06:12 PM      Profile for Joshua Waaland   Email Joshua Waaland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't use a flashlight. I learned that one time before when I did that. Thanks Brad.

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2005 02:44 AM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joshua, I have the same manual that's in the manuals section, so it probably wouldn't help you much [Wink]

If the platter creeps 9/10 times it's the control card.
The FT method makes them run much smoother than the official method in the manual.

Also, is it creeping with no hardware for the brain installed?
A bent or dragging feed arm will do that too.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: