Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » MP30 Portable Projector Lamp Switch

Author Topic: MP30 Portable Projector Lamp Switch
Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-13-2005 10:35 PM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have a derelict MP30 portable 35mm projector that they would like to sell me the lamp (or power) switch.

Anyone know where, in the USA, I could get a replacement switch. It is marked:

Russenberger
Made In France
10A 250V~
Brevete SGDG

-

Yes, I know, any rocker switch capable of handling 10A 110vac will work, but I would really like to find the exact right switch so that it will snap back into the opening.

|  IP: Logged

Don Sneed
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2005 01:58 AM      Profile for Don Sneed   Author's Homepage   Email Don Sneed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mitchell, the MP30, is it still made ? I have a few travelling theatres in Nigeria that could use something like this, also what about lamphouse, can a 3K be use for this...looking for somethinmg portable that can be use with a 3K lamp & mounted in a truck/trailer set up...

Gilbert Travin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2005 08:26 AM      Profile for Gilbert Travin   Author's Homepage   Email Gilbert Travin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mitchell

you can see here : http://www.mci-coupatan.com/produits/inters/index.php3
and here :
http://www.mci-coupatan.com/main.php3
they write : "- Interrupteurs et inverseurs (modèles RUSSENBERGER - à leviers et à touches),"
If the model is still made, perhaps is it in the catalog ...

Good luck [Wink]

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 04-15-2005 08:38 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if the MP30 is still made. They were distributed in the US by Alan Gordon at one point for use for location dailies. The manual has a picture of a mag interlock version and also a 500w xenon version (there's a cut-out on the back of the incandescent lamphouse where the Xetron [?] lamphouse would go).

There is no fire shutter or picture changeover mechanism (in the incandescent version, the exciter and bulb are switched together at each changeover). There is also no provision for water-cooling the gate, so 3kw is probably not do-able.

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 04-15-2005 09:48 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Marin company, which made 16 and 35mm projectors, is out of business. There is a technican in Barcelona which handles parts. Russenberger switches are available on the internet.

Tokiwa makes a portable up to 1.6kw. Kinoton FP10 portable is available in 3Kw. Microcine and Cinemec of Italy have 3KW portables. Proyecson of Spain has a 2KW portable....take your pick [Smile]

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2005 10:08 AM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank's everyone. I actually managed to fix the broken switch, and picked up some exact size (wrong color) replacements, just in case my fix does not hold up.

Yes, the manufacturer is long out of business, but they are great little projectors, gentle on film, and handle up to 24" reels.

Pictured with internal 1000 watt incadecent (DFT Bulb) lamp house, internal amp and speaker (1/4" jack for external speaker).

-

These units were designed to work with the Kneisly "Pup" Xenon lamp houses. The bracket holding the internal reflector and condeser lenses gets removed, along with a metal plate on the back of the internal lamp. The Xenon light passes straight though.

-

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 04-16-2005 02:51 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
has anyone converted them to stereo cells

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 04-16-2005 03:25 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The ones we use for the Arisia science fiction convention every year were converted this year. The problem we found was that the exciter lamp (oddball type) isn't bright enough for a standard Dolby-type solar cell, and we couldn't come anywhere close to hitting Dolby level with a CP50 and cat. 108C preamp card. The temporary solution was to run left/right only through microphone preamps.

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-16-2005 03:57 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That looks like a machine that was sold in the UK during the '70s and early '80s, under another name, but I cannot remember what that name was.

There was another portable at about the same time that had a 'T' shaped spool arm on top with the spools mounted at each end of the horizontal bar. Does anybody remember that one?

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 04-16-2005 04:00 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Microcine/Mignon had the T bar top reeel suport
I beleive Fumeo distributed the MP30 as well

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: