Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Kelmar Maxi 10CL Automation Problem!

Author Topic: Kelmar Maxi 10CL Automation Problem!
Stephen Frazza
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2005 12:08 AM      Profile for Stephen Frazza   Author's Homepage   Email Stephen Frazza   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Kelmar Maxi 10CL Automation just stopped working correctly.
I opened it up and saw that the cam timer just runs continuously.It just keeps cycling threw and won't stop.

I took it out and cheked all the microswitches with a multi-meter and they all seemed fine.But I even swithched out cam 1 because I thought it was the one that controlled the timer, but this didn't help.

I also tried to switch out some of the smaller relays to see if it was one of them but it didn't seem like any were bad.

And when the failsafe drops the alarm rings and just keeps ringing (while the timer continues to turn)and the alarm off button does nothing I have to turn the automation off for it to stop.

The failsafe is a xetron i'm not sure of the model right now but it is the one that you need like 2 inches of cue tape to complete the circuit and you have to replace every week cause it wears off.

I am running things manually now but I have to catch it before it ends or else the lamp will still shine threw the lens with no film and I am worried about not catching this.So I appreciate any help.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-07-2005 06:00 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,
Could be a number of things but a bad cam timer motor run micro- switch is the most common problem. The easiest way to tell is to pull the white plug on connector off that micro-switch. I might be wrong but I believe its the first switch over from the motor itself. If you pull the plig off and it stops turning thats the bad switch!! If thats not the correct one then you might call Thomas at Kelmar to determine which one it is. A stuck, or bad Show start button can also cause this.....

Mark

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: