Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Ticking in surround speakers?

Author Topic: Ticking in surround speakers?
R. Andrew Diercks
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2005 02:06 PM      Profile for R. Andrew Diercks   Email R. Andrew Diercks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last weekend in one of my auditoriums, I had a ticking sound coming from the surround speakers. This was very rhythemic and sounded similar to phase checking, but in a higher pitch.

The sound is Dolby Digital CP500 with a basement reader.

I reset the processor and the sound went away immediately. This has only happened once before. I was just curious what might be the cause. On the monitor the -40 frequency green light was flashing with the ticking noise.

|  IP: Logged

Ferdinando Innocenti
Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2005 03:07 PM      Profile for Ferdinando Innocenti   Email Ferdinando Innocenti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes it happened to me, in my cp500s. The same as you, ticking sound on surround, which goes away resetting the unit. If I remember, it's enough resetting the digital part.

I have never read anything by Dolby about it.

Just curious to know more.

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2005 03:32 PM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dolby FB220 may be of interest, when I've had odd noises in CP500 surrounds it usually turns out to be our old friend the Cat675A.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: