Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CP650 Non sync while in 05

Author Topic: CP650 Non sync while in 05
Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-25-2005 04:36 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

Happened a strange thing twice yesterday.

One of our screen equipped with CP650 started, the automation call 05 format, but in the auditorium the Non-Sync continued to play. The light behind the "05" button was illuminated but the format did not change. Only after few tentative the format has changed but after few seconds the non-sync was played again in the room. My projectionsts had to restart the CP to solve.

Today happened the same.

I checked the error log, no entries. I tried, with no projection running, to manually call NS-05-NS-05... many times but always did work fine.

I have to figure out if it's a automation problem or a CP problem.

Do you have ideas or suggestions? All my CP has 2.2.5.0 software version and this is the first time I have this kind of problem.

Thanks

Antonio

|  IP: Logged

Fred Schoenfeld
Film Handler

- posted 03-25-2005 08:49 PM      Profile for Fred Schoenfeld   Author's Homepage   Email Fred Schoenfeld   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Antonio:
It would be interesting for you to note what was on the display window. The CP650 is a true computer inside and as we all know, they sometimes do very strange things!
I would note that if it is a continuing problem, E-mail Norman at Dolby Labs in CA or his counterpart in England for the next step. I am sure they will ask the same question that I stated above. Good luck and please followup here so that we all can learn from your problem.

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-26-2005 08:08 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still don't know what was displayed on the front display. I asked my staff to check the next time...

Bye
A

Darren Briggs
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-27-2005 12:30 AM      Profile for Darren Briggs   Author's Homepage   Email Darren Briggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For UK dolby support email =

serviceAAA@dolby.co.uk

USA =

cinemasupportAAA@dolby.com

Darren

(Edited to protect Dolby from spammers. Remove the AAA before emailing.)

[ 03-28-2005, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-27-2005 08:09 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the contacts.

Happened again, the error in the log is:

BIST avg readfail BIST opt_in avg read failure

On Display there is "Dolby SR" with Non Sync audio and "zero" as error rate (no SRD in that moment on the print).

Bye
A

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2005 07:03 PM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
any updates? I'm curious to see the outcome of this...

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-29-2005 06:29 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
None at the moment. I'll post any news.

Bye
A

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 03-29-2005 07:01 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the meantime, "change over" to projector 2 and use that input to see if the error occurs there too. The jumper which is now between pins 1 and 5 on "Motor Start" has to go between 5 and 9 and another jumper must be placed between 3 and 5. Remember to enter the Dolby Level and slit-loss EQ settings, which can be easily done in the software or redo the A-chain alignment.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: