Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Quick Platter Question

Author Topic: Quick Platter Question
Lee Michael Breese
Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2005 06:59 PM      Profile for Lee Michael Breese   Email Lee Michael Breese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My tech just replaced all the fixed brains on my Speco platter system to removable brains. Well what the problem is that when threding when the arm that controls the pay out moves over the platter will not move over. The only way I have found to make the platter pay out is to move the arm very rapidly over. In my mind I am thinking the Magnet that controls pay out is not adjusted correctly.

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 03-23-2005 09:47 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might have to go underneath the platter arm, open up that cover plate and rebend that tab that the is connected to the magnet, which swings over the reed switch sensors. Sounds like the magnet arm is hanging up on something underneath causing your problem.

I had that happen to me also, but with the permanent brains for the LP-270 units.

-Monte

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 03-23-2005 10:10 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please make sure you turn the power off before sticking your hand in there. Look for anny wires that may have gotten in the way. Those little sensors on the payout card can get bent upwards and hit the bottom of the magnet. Make sure they are straight out from the card.

Lee Michael Breese
Film Handler

- posted 03-24-2005 03:05 PM      Profile for Lee Michael Breese   Email Lee Michael Breese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the Tips guys I will try those out. I already had my problem with forgetting to cut the power to the platter when I worked on them. Lets say it was a jolting experience [Eek!]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: