Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DTS Trailers

Author Topic: DTS Trailers
Thomas Dieter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2005 03:26 PM      Profile for Thomas Dieter   Email Thomas Dieter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wanting to know if anyone knew where I could view a DTS Trailer so that when I go to order the trailers, I knew what I was getting. I've searched DTS's website, and couldn't find a way to view their trailers.

DTS Online

I found a place to view the trailers, but none of the media programs I have can read a .vob file.

Cine Now!

If anyone knows where I can view these trailers before ordering, that would be awesome. I already know what Sonic Landscape looks like, and I would like to know what the Digital Experience looks like.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks to Joe, I found a way to view the files in .vob, so sorry to have posted and found a solution so quickly. Once again, thanks Joe.

|  IP: Logged

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2005 04:03 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For clarification if anyone looks back over this thread...
A .VOB file is a DVD file, it should be viewable in a dvd playing program like PowerDVD.

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2005 04:07 PM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you beat me to it.

Brad Allen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2005 04:46 PM      Profile for Brad Allen   Email Brad Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whats' the trick to downloading the DTS vob files from Cine Now?
I tried all the usual, but all i get is the image for the linK. Not the file?

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 03-22-2005 05:42 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Aren't those all HOME VIDEO trailers? I thought DTS only had two THEATRICAL trailers ... "Flying Disc" and "Sonic Landscape"?

Thomas Dieter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2005 06:14 PM      Profile for Thomas Dieter   Email Thomas Dieter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On just about all the DTS discs I've seen they have both trailers on them, and both of them are posted on Cine Now!'s website.

On the DTS Discs you have "Sonic Landscape" and "Digiatal Experience", AKA Flying Disc,

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-22-2005 06:26 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Crap, I thought this thread was going to be about new DTS logo trailers being announced at ShoWest or something. Hey DTS lurkers, why don't you do something about that?

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2005 01:35 AM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do They Ship? [Razz]

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 03-23-2005 02:46 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..call 1-800-959-4109, which is the DTS homebase and ask on about your question. Ask for cinema service. - Monte

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: