Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » kelmar inspection table

Author Topic: kelmar inspection table
Neil Robinson
Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2005 06:11 PM      Profile for Neil Robinson   Email Neil Robinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could anyone explain the difference please between the following to parts for the Kelmar inspection table-
Trailer Flange part no 7525220
16'' Film Transfer Flange part no 9204030, what I am looking a plate for transfering film to spools but I dont know which one of these is the correct type as I cannot find a picture, if anyone can help Thankyou.

|  IP: Logged

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 03-14-2005 08:38 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Neil Robinson
16'' Film Transfer Flange part no 9204030
Is the one for cores the other is a smaller diamiter for trailers.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 03-15-2005 07:26 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, really they're both for cores....
The trailer one is maybe 8" (probably less, I don't have one with me here) and the other one is apparently 16" in diameter. They're both a single disk of metal with a big-ass centre spindle to fit a film core (1" hole?) and a drive pin thingy to engage the slot in a core. If you get films shipped on cores (normal in Asia, is this done in the UK too?) you want the big one I guess, but I would prefer a proper split reel! Wnding a full reel onto a core on a Kelmar table using the open plates seems pretty scary to me. The "trailer plate" saves a lot of time over opening and closing a split reel when working with trailers. The poor pack and risk of disaster isn't worth the time saved when rewinding 2000' film rolls.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: