Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Old Potts/Strong Platter Threading Light Cover!

Author Topic: Old Potts/Strong Platter Threading Light Cover!
Stephen Frazza
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2005 03:54 AM      Profile for Stephen Frazza   Author's Homepage   Email Stephen Frazza   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On my older Potts/Strong platters there is a silver cover that goes over the threading light.Some of my platters don't have them anymore and I am in the process of adding threading lights to all my platters.
Anyway our dealer told my boss that he can't get these parts anymore.I am not sure why he can't but I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get some.I looked in Grainger and Home Depot but they didn't have them(I didn't really expect them to).

Or if I can't get them, does anyone have any ideas on something else I can use.

They look like silver buckets with a hole on 1/4 of it that lets you aim the light down.It covers the threading bulb and lets the light go down but blocks it from blinding you when you thread up.

|  IP: Logged

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2005 10:36 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's an electrical pilot light cover. One of the theaters I serviced a while back had one of these in an electrical box. It indicated the roof exhaust fan was turned on. I think these covers/lamp socket assemblies are made by either Leviton, Kulka. or Eagle and are commonly used with 6S6 bulbs.

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2005 09:26 PM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bulb life on the old Potts' suck. We usually get about three months before they go.

Ken, is the 6S6 the same as 6 watt?

Stephen Frazza
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2005 11:59 PM      Profile for Stephen Frazza   Author's Homepage   Email Stephen Frazza   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just use these 7 watt night light bulbs that come in a 4 pack for like 80 cents.

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2005 01:13 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron:

Yes it's a six watt.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 03-15-2005 08:30 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I purchase the 6s6 130v and they seem to last

Floyd Justin Newton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2005 06:03 PM      Profile for Floyd Justin Newton   Email Floyd Justin Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gordy--

THERE YOU GO!!

I use to buy them in bulk.... now i have 118 of the damn things
left.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: