Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » This has been bugging me...

Author Topic: This has been bugging me...
Richard Edward Wells III
Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2005 03:35 AM      Profile for Richard Edward Wells III   Email Richard Edward Wells III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell is used to fine adjust the lens vertically on the Simplex 35 1050 models? I've looked through the manual and I've tried just testing a couple of things on my own, but I can not figure the damn thing out...

|  IP: Logged

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2005 03:41 AM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
can you just adjust the tilt of the pedestal or are you talking about something else?

(oh, btw, you'll be wanting to change the title of the thread to reflect the content...)

carl

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 02-17-2005 03:43 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Richard Edward Wells III
fine adjust the lens vertically on the Simplex 35 1050
Welcome to Film-Tech. Lotsa questions can be answered here!

Look at the back of the TU-2000 assembly and you'll notice two stops, one at the "12:00" and one the "6:00" positon, mounted on the outside of the turret ring.

One stop is for the flat vertical adjustment, and the other stop is the Scope vertical adjustment. It takes a 3/32" allen to turn the allen set screw that stops against the lens mount disk tab when the disk rotates between lens settings.

Also, when you adjust the vertical, also check the lateral adjustment as well. And this is the flat blade slotted shaft next to the lens on the right side of the lens holder. This shaft is on an eccentric shaft that swivels each of the lens left and right for lateral adjustment.

Best way to adjust this is with a stubby flat-bladed screwdriver to get in there to do the lateral adjustment.

good luck - Monte

Mike Pennell
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2005 03:47 AM      Profile for Mike Pennell   Email Mike Pennell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a small allen screw at the top and at the bottom of the turret's edge that hits a stopper when you rotate the lens. You might have to adjust the clasp as well.

Yea what Monte said [beer]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-17-2005 06:21 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you mean Richard. You want to know what really bugs me? When people don't pay attention to this...particularly #7. Now how about you fix that? [Wink]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: