Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DTS Problem With Pooh's Heffalump

Author Topic: DTS Problem With Pooh's Heffalump
Chris Greenwell
Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2005 04:49 PM      Profile for Chris Greenwell   Email Chris Greenwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone else having DTS problems with this movie.. We have two different theatres with same issue.. The DTS will work fine in the previews and only for just a few minutes on the beginning of each reel. The Timecode light is on and steady as normal but the light on the drive the disc is in is going nuts..Just curious too see if anyone else is having the same problem.

|  IP: Logged

Matthew Jaro
Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2005 09:54 PM      Profile for Matthew Jaro   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew Jaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could this be due to AUE files being played without the firm-ware update?

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 02-13-2005 10:46 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, sounds familar. Anthony (ex-hubby) just complained about sound troubles in Pooh yesterday. I'll have to ask him whats wrong, I'll get back to you.

Chris Greenwell
Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2005 04:28 AM      Profile for Chris Greenwell   Email Chris Greenwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its wierd...At both theatres we moved the movies to a diffrent house.. And now they work just fine..The thing is those theatres that were having problems had the old Double Deck DTS players in them. And the theatres that they work in have the DTS6d's...Could there be something different with the older players...

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2005 07:00 AM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that the only software that is aware of the variation in the AUD file is the DTS.EXE that comes new with each film.

Bye
A

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 02-14-2005 06:58 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
do you try to play the DTS trailer discs in the two drive units. Since pooh is a one disc feature this could be causing you problems.

Matt Close
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2005 07:00 PM      Profile for Matt Close   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Close   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris ... I sometimes have trouble with discs dropping out like that in DTS6 units .... AND DTS6D and DTS6AD units too mind you [Roll Eyes] .... but often the problem has been solved by running off some 'you know whats' of the discs and then they have played without fault. Strange I know .... but you know how finicky different drives can be with different media. Hope this helps.

Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2005 02:14 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On October 2004 DTS announced that "to avoid interruption of digital playback verify that all DTS6/6D players are installed with TCR V1.46". 6AD and XD10 requires software updates too.

You should contact DTS to have a free upgrade. You can find the address on tech-center section on www.dtsonline.com

Bye
A

Chris Greenwell
Film Handler

- posted 02-18-2005 05:50 PM      Profile for Chris Greenwell   Email Chris Greenwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the Info guys.. I moved to it to another theatre with the newer DTS player and works just fine.. Gotta love the stuff that happens in the booth..

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: