Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Widescreen Weekend 2005

Author Topic: Widescreen Weekend 2005
Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-02-2005 03:04 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here´s the draft programme:

We are having some problems clearing rights to screen certain titles hence the delay on letting you know the final programme. However, I know a lot of you are itching to book flights and know what is happening so this is what we hope to run with. You will be able to book delegates passes by phone from noon (UK time) Wednesday. Individual titles will be bookable next week.

Benefits of being a Widescreen delegate are:

Your own seat for the entire weekend in Pictureville Cinema Thursday to Monday
Free tickets for Cubby Broccoli Cinema or IMAX (if you can’t face another screening of How the West Was Won)
Reception for delegates in the Museum’s conference suite at 5pm on Friday.
Your delegate badge
Delegates bag with some goodies.

All for £60.

Call Deb Singleton (+44 1274 203364) or Ben Eagle (+44 1274 203308) to book your seat and we will get back to you for you money at the end of the week. Below are the details you will be required to give.

Guests are still being confirmed.

Pictureville Cinema, Bradford, England

Thursday 10 March
Out of Africa

Friday 11 March
10:30 Those Mag Men in their Flying Machines

Friday 11 March
13:30 Dr. Doolittle

Friday 11 March
16.30 Michael Borrows on Gene Kelly

Friday 11 March
17:00 Widescreen Welcome - Reception - drinks for the weekend delegates

Friday 11 March
18:00 Baraka

Friday 11 March
19:45 Hello, Dolly!

Saturday 12 March
10:00 Scent of Mystery

Saturday 12 March
12:45 Thomas lecture: Introduction to Todd-AO

Saturday 12 March
14:30 How the West Was Won

Saturday 12 March
18.30 Walter Siegmund Q/A about Todd-AO 0:45 (Moderator = Thomas)

Saturday 12 March
19:30 Oklahoma! + Miracle of Todd-AO

Sunday 13 March
10:00 Cineramacana

Sunday 13 March
13:00 Amadeus

Sunday 13 March
16:15 The Agony and the Ecstasy

Sunday 13 March
19:00 Sound of Music

Monday 14 March
10:00 South Pacific + March of Todd-AO

|  IP: Logged

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-03-2005 07:28 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heres the festival website Bradford Film Festival

Christian Appelt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2005 10:31 AM      Profile for Christian Appelt   Email Christian Appelt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will the 70mm films be shown correctly on the flat screen, or are there plans to show these on the deep curved screen for 3 strip Cinerama as it has been done before?
(No offense meant, I know some people like to see all formats projected on Cinerama type screen, but I'd like to know whether I have to expect distorted images before spending hundreds of €uros for a trip to Bradford.)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: