Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CP650 setup software problem.

Author Topic: CP650 setup software problem.
Luciano Brigite
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-30-2004 10:11 PM      Profile for Luciano Brigite   Email Luciano Brigite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
After a long time dealing with junk processors I got a big jump,right to a CP650. Setup was done manually (level settings,EQ,etc) after everything was done,a laptop was used to retrieve the settings of each CP. it also worked ok, data could be retrieved and saved to disk.
The problem however came everytime the disconnect button on the software screen was clicked.the computer flashed a blue screen and reset instantly. it happened all the times, with 5 different CPs. I have no idea about what'd be causing that.The laptop I use has no serial port then a USB>serial adapter is used and didn't give me problem before with other equipment I use with it (RTA)
it connects to the CP just fine, perform data transfer with no problems,hit disconect, the hell breaks loose. when disconnecting, the CP screen shows saving settings then resumes normal operation while the computer goes down with the system crash. software version is 2.2.5 either on the processor and software CD.
has anyone dealt with this kind of problem before regarding connections between a computer and the CP650? what solutions for it was found?
Also, is there any other issues known regarding doing the setup ( not the software update) of a Cp650 tru a computer? when talking to another tech about the problem I had with another tech, he told me that doing setup tru a computer conected to the CP could cause the CP to loose everything stored in it,including the operating software, in case the line voltage oscillate. is there any true in it?

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Ferdinando Innocenti
Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2004 07:30 AM      Profile for Ferdinando Innocenti   Email Ferdinando Innocenti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used laptop with serial port and with the adapter USB-serial: no problem. Sometimes, especially in the last processors, I have an interruption in the connection between PC and CP, due to the processor.

I don't think that you can loose CP650's operating system when voltage go down; with CP500 it was so, but only when you were updating the software.

Ciao
Nando

Luciano Brigite
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2004 09:27 PM      Profile for Luciano Brigite   Email Luciano Brigite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to mention in the post that the OS in the laptop is Win XP
(home version).

Nando;
I didn't experience any interuption while having the laptop connected to the CP. I could retrieve and upload setting fine and also "fine tune" a few EQ bands without problems,only when disconencting the laptop from CP tru the software that's giving me trouble.

Does anyone else has any info regarding loosing CP data due to power fluctuation while having a laptop connected to it?

David Graham Rose
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2005 02:20 PM      Profile for David Graham Rose   Email David Graham Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings,Nando, from Cambridge

I would just like to offer my thanks for your latest retaurant which I had the pleasure of visiting here in the UK. The chicken peri peri was probably the best I have ever tasted. Keep up the good work!!

David

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 01-13-2005 03:29 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The current versions are v2.2.4.3 for the setup and v2.2.5.0 for the processor operating system. Try these.

Luciano Brigite
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2005 09:26 PM      Profile for Luciano Brigite   Email Luciano Brigite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These are the software versions I have here,from the Dolby cinema resources cd, issue 6.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: