Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Equalize CP65 without PN card

Author Topic: Equalize CP65 without PN card
Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2004 02:15 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone

A lot of time since my last post! But I always read you!
As a "thinkering" man I have a strange question for you! In the past I enjoyed myself equalizing a little and poor-equipped screen using a professional equipment playing -20dB Pink Noise connecting the PN output to the 6 ch input (one channel a time) of the CP65 used in that little theater. The Sub level was made routing the PN on a channel of Non Sync input and made the sub level at the same level of the channel, regardless the overall SPL in the room (made channel by channel when connected PN to 6ch input).
Let's suppose that I have to made the same with a SRD installation (DA10). I have to set the DIGITAL subwoofer level. Is it correct to connect the PN to "subwoofer" input and set the processor to have +10dB comparing to stage channels? In other words, feeding a -20dB Pink Noise to subwoofer input of CP65 should result in a +10dB level on RTA compared to stage channel?

It's a strange question and I do not know if I was clear... Feel free to ask for clarifications!

Merry Christmas!

Antonio

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: