Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Ballantyne pro 35 shutter

Author Topic: Ballantyne pro 35 shutter
Jeff Eisentraut
Film Handler

- posted 11-07-2004 12:26 AM      Profile for Jeff Eisentraut   Email Jeff Eisentraut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need help. My pro 35 shutter falls out of adjustment every 5 or 6 hours of operation and I start to see ghosting on the credits. I must re-adjust the shutter each time. Can anybody tell me what is causing this to happen?
Jeff

|  IP: Logged

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-07-2004 12:33 AM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you missing any parts? Is the brass cap washer in place under the metal cap when you tighten the screw down?

Maybe you're not tightening it down far enough? [Confused]

The pro35 is super easy to time, and once you have it set, it should never move.

Danny

Jeff Eisentraut
Film Handler

- posted 11-07-2004 12:53 AM      Profile for Jeff Eisentraut   Email Jeff Eisentraut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Danny:
Yes, the brass cap washer is there and I tighten it pretty darn tight. This has never been a problem before and over the past two weeks I have adjusted it 5 times.
thanks
Jeff

Ian Joseph Parfrey
Film Handler

- posted 11-07-2004 01:54 AM      Profile for Ian Joseph Parfrey   Email Ian Joseph Parfrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could be a tooth missing on a gear. [Roll Eyes]

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 11-07-2004 02:58 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may need to replace that washer. I have seen this happen before only it was on a pro35 that was about 10 years old at the time. This was back in the late 80's. We replaced that washer and it never gave us anymore problems.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: