Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Searching for a DFP-R2000 Service Manual

Author Topic: Searching for a DFP-R2000 Service Manual
Max Biela
Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2004 02:34 PM      Profile for Max Biela   Email Max Biela   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!

Does anybody here has a Service manual for a DFP-R2000? The manual in the MANUALS-Section is incomplete. I need the electrical alignment-part! Are there any other manuals for the DFP-D2000/DFP-R2000?

Thanks

Max

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-14-2004 02:40 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what you're smoking over there Max, but this manual that you are talking about looks complete. Just look at the table of contents and you will see that all of the pages are there to 9-15.

Max Biela
Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2004 02:50 PM      Profile for Max Biela   Email Max Biela   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, maybe I'm just too stupid... but..

where is Section 3 and 4???

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 10-14-2004 03:28 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks to me too like there are a couple of sections missing. I don't have a scanner nearby, but maybe I can find the time to dig up the manual and scan it when I am in the office. But that might take a while.
In the meantime, it would be best to contact Stefan Scholz who is also registered here complete with contact info. He is the former SDDS field engineer for Germany and has all the stuff and knows everything about the hardware.
Or you might try to locate Christoph Roethlein. He used to work for the Ufa-Palast in Duesseldorf and trained with SDDS before they cancelled the whole thing. He might have the material too and would be within short range of where you are.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-14-2004 03:30 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa, looks like I've been smoking some of that I-30 stuff. Some of the pages are for some reason out of order, but that manual was one of mine that was scanned page by page, so I know anything in that physical copy was incorporated into the pdf.

Anyone have a R2000 service manual they could send that has any additional pages so I can fix this?

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 10-14-2004 04:41 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,

What exactly are you needing? I have a complete R2000 service manual (definately has sections 3 [Parts Replacement and Alignment] and Section 4 [Electrical Alignment]).

In fact, I think I have most all of the installation and Service manuals for the 2000 series...including the remote and "changeover system installation" plus some software addendums.

Note this is a hefty stack of paper and the schematics are foldouts.

Steve

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-14-2004 06:19 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
The schematics are always hard to find a good way to scan, but if you send it over, I'll get it done. I am probably going to start scanning schematics "full size" and it will require printing those pages (typically 4 or more) and then taping them together.

Chris Trainor
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2004 09:21 PM      Profile for Chris Trainor   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Trainor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, full sized schematics would be great! My eyes have gone sore from trying to read that poor handwriting on the Dolby schematics. [Smile]

heck Brad, I'd even send you some Omaha steaks just as a thank-you for them. [Smile]

--Chris

Max Biela
Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2004 11:23 PM      Profile for Max Biela   Email Max Biela   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!

Thanks @ all [Smile] Steve, do you have the 2.20 Firmware?

Max

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 10-15-2004 08:28 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't seem to locate that firmware.

I do recall that firmware uploads vis RS-232 were EXTREMELY long. The only upgrades I did were via PC-Cards.

Steve

Max Biela
Film Handler

- posted 10-16-2004 12:39 AM      Profile for Max Biela   Email Max Biela   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh..

What are the differences between Firmware Ver. 1.10 and 2.20?

Max

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: