Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » New Technicolor Can Label

Author Topic: New Technicolor Can Label
Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-08-2004 09:22 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone else had problems with these "new and improved" labels?

They seem to stick to the return label, thereby, destroying the barcode and such behind it. This was supposed to be such an improvement over the old. Sure it may help during shipping to the original theatre, but the return trip has to be pretty scary.

Better keep those tracking numbers.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-08-2004 10:25 AM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was told that something about the new labels made it so we don't have to remove the airbill. It doesn't make sense to me why TES would have to 'improve' the label and tell us this instead of just saying keep your greasy mits off the damn thing [Confused]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-08-2004 01:57 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In one of the mailings from TES, it said not to remove the airbill but to let the DHL driver do it. I haven't removed one of those labels in years. The driver always takes care of it.

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2004 12:04 PM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, maybe we will have to do that, but I like to get the tracking number off of the return label so that I have it when they come calling wanting to know where their print is.

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 10-09-2004 03:51 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always peel off the label, haven't had a problem yet. I started doing it after a driver couldn't figure it out. Also since the peel off contains no info but is supposed to be a receipt, we have the driver sign our receipt which contains the film title, print number theatre name and date when he picks up the print. That came after Airborne lost a print and the distributor tried to bill us for 12 extra weeks of play.

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2004 06:59 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, the driver that picked up our prints yesterday spent a few minutes working on just one label. I'm glad that we're all working through it together.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 10-14-2004 11:53 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I peel them if I remember to; otherwise the driver does. Sometimes a substitute driver unfamiliar with film delivery doesn't know about that so better to just do it myself. I like the new waybills and haven't had any problems with them. I also like the return to traditional terminology (waybill not airbill).

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2004 04:38 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Driver does it for us. Then the floor manager brings the labels upstairs where I keep them in a folder just in case there is ever a question about a pick-up.

That way, we have proof that it left our building. [Eek!]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-15-2004 04:42 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually John, this has been a huge beef of mine since Sister Act II. That label proves NOTHING! For example, I am currently running Shark Tale. Right now I could go pull those stickers off of the cans and when the DHL driver comes to pick up the film I could say "it's already been picked up", then tell Technicolor "no see, I have these labels that PROVE you got the film back".

Bullshit.

They don't prove anything. The only way to get "proof" is to have the DHL driver give a receipt. That system really needs to be rethought.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-15-2004 05:28 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, great idea! Next time I get a movie I want to keep, I'll have to try that.

Trouble is, it's probably been years since we've run a movie that I wanted to keep.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: