Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CNA200 intermission - need help!

Author Topic: CNA200 intermission - need help!
Tommie Evans
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2004 05:23 PM      Profile for Tommie Evans   Email Tommie Evans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have several prints running on the CNA200 automation which needs an intermission, unfortunetly we also run the same prints (or should I said presentation) on the Cinemeccanica VECTOR 2000 automation (what a career ender [Mad] ). At the moment we have a cue for the start of the intermission with a timed wait of 10 minutes. Obviously this is fine for the VECTOR 2000 automation, but when the presentation is moved to a CNA200 screen I can't seem to get the show to start back up properly after intermission.

The automation brings up the lights, the projector stops and the non-sync activates. When the intermission is over I can get the projector and lamp to fire back up but nothing much else. Do I really need an extra cue (we have far to many already) asstated in the manual, or can I program the show to kick back off from where it started by using timed steps.

If I do need to use an extra cue pulse then this mean ammending 21 other screens [Mad] [Mad]

Please can anyone help. There are no lens changeovers involved, basically at intermission the film stops, lights go up and non-sync comes on.....Thanks [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Pat Thompson
Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2004 03:09 AM      Profile for Pat Thompson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tommie, you can do one of two things, First you can just add the additional lights cues to a program that you are using. However you will have to remove those cues once the print leave that projector. The easier thing to do is to just add a additional program just for movies that have an intermission and would need the extra lights cues. This option take a little bit more time since you will need to program all the cues that you use, but you will only have to do this once per projector.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2004 10:45 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Assuming that your theater was set up with your automations networked, you only need to make the program once and then do a network copy of it to the other consoles. The procedure for this is in the cna200 manual.

Once you get the hang of it, you will see that there is nothing to making the programs. You can change things around to suit whatever you need at the time.

Also, take your normal program and do a local copy of it so that you only have to add in your intermission and not input the entire thing.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: