Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Christie lens turret question

Author Topic: Christie lens turret question
Rick McCluney
Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2004 01:17 AM      Profile for Rick McCluney   Email Rick McCluney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone,

I have a theatre that I service that was built in 1988 or 89. The projectors are Christie P35C with lens turrets. I do not have any manual for the turret and there is not any manufacturer or model information on it. The theatre was UA built. Here is a picture of the turret.

-

I would like to locate a manual for this turret if possible. I did not see one in the manual section.

Thanks,
Rick

|  IP: Logged

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 09-07-2004 04:50 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like the way that thing stares at me!
It looks indeed different from the current Christie turrets, but not dramatically so. I think if you check the manuals for the current version, you should be able to deduct whatever you want to know about this version. Or are you looking for part numbers? Then I would suggest calling Christie and describing the problem to them.

Bevan Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2004 07:31 PM      Profile for Bevan Wright   Author's Homepage   Email Bevan Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The giant P35 manual in the manual downloads section has an exploded view of this guy. Built by BH/Kelmar. Not many parts are still available unless you can find a scavangable donor unit.

[ 09-08-2004, 07:29 AM: Message edited by: Bevan Wright ]

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 09-07-2004 08:26 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is pretty sad when so recent a product is no longer supported. By recent I mean in the last 25-years since in this industry products are supposed to be supported for 50-years...I wonder if the D-Cinema guys know that! [Wink]

Steve

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-07-2004 11:29 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tommrrow I have to do major service on 4 first generation gearless wonders here in Jackson. It'll be interesting to see what parts are and are not available for these.....

Mark @ CLACO

Don Sneed
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-11-2004 11:32 PM      Profile for Don Sneed   Author's Homepage   Email Don Sneed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had to replace the latching/release solenoid a few months ago, Christie still has that part...but let me tell you when that solenoid burns, it was differcult to get the pin out...I installed (4) CNA-150 automations to this machine, but had to modify the automation with an RC network to let the turret stop in 2.8 seconds, the CNA-150 stop pulsing at 3-seconds, when you are on an island in the carribean, these parts are hard to find...thank Goodness for a local Radio Shack & electronic school training !!!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: