Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Site with pics of old projectors (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Site with pics of old projectors
Thomas Jonsson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-04-2004 08:31 AM      Profile for Thomas Jonsson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to look at pictures of all kinds
of old projectors, enjoy this site:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/projecteur.cinema/

Take a look at the 35/70mm Norelco, that canīt
possibly be a DP 70?

Thomas

|  IP: Logged

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-04-2004 09:00 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you look here, you understand why your subject is a bad thing. The website is cool though

Read Rule # 7

Jon Miller
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-04-2004 09:11 AM      Profile for Jon Miller   Email Jon Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Edit...Richard got his post in just as I started to write this...I am just too slow! [Smile] ]

Not a bad site, especially with such oddities as an Eiki -- yes, an Eiki -- 35mm pedestal projector and that funky green Westar/Century portable. Another link to bookmark... [Smile]

(The only problem is the teaser title and the forum this thread is in.)

Thomas Jonsson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-04-2004 09:35 AM      Profile for Thomas Jonsson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sorry about the title. My mind was
only on getting it posted.

I promise to be more careful in the future.

Thomas

Jon Miller
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-04-2004 09:42 AM      Profile for Jon Miller   Email Jon Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas, just click the Edit button above your original post. From there you can change the title to something more descriptive. Easy as that. [thumbsup]

Thomas Jonsson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-04-2004 09:48 AM      Profile for Thomas Jonsson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Better [Embarrassed] ?

Thomas

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 09-04-2004 09:50 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting site that charlin pedastal looks like a hortson G
actually did hortson ever buid a 35mm machine
Also never new Fumeo made 35mm

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-04-2004 09:59 AM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those loops seem really wrong on the Century MSC...

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 09-04-2004 10:17 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simplex Type M? Looks like a Super with the optional hand crank. But then he's got other things called Supers that don't look like Supers. Whatever it is, I like FPS speedometer.

A good a place to ask this as any: Why did brands like Brenkert and Motiograph fail?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-04-2004 10:54 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are tons of mistakes on his site and we should write to him and let him know. The Norelco 35/70 is actually a Crown 35/70 and he lists my VistaVision as a Century Vistavision of which it is just a loose copy. I added many improvements over the standad Century VistaVision projector. The three Cinerama projectors are actually Cinemiracle projectors that belong to a friend of mine.... I took the photo! The first Simplex shown at the left of his row is actually a 70mm Grandeur Projector.
The portable adaption of the Century is certainly unique though!

Mark

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 09-04-2004 11:39 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fumeo's 35mm projector was supplied by the Marin company of Barcelona, Spain that also made the MP-30 portable. Charlin when they went out of business, sold some of their patents to Norelco with some features ending up in the FP20 series. Horston may have been in business today ( in some form )if the French government had allowed foriegn majority ownership.

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-04-2004 12:18 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If that's a DP70, it's a maltracted one, I dare say.
Not even in America, that ugly box is normal, I think...

Tony Hall
Film Handler

- posted 09-04-2004 01:26 PM      Profile for Tony Hall   Email Tony Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neat Site. And for those that need it translated into some form of English here is the Link English Version Most of you have already done this, but for those that dont know how [beer]

Robert Throop
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-04-2004 02:30 PM      Profile for Robert Throop   Email Robert Throop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,
The Simplex type M refers to the pedestal. It was introduced in 1928. We have a pair of them at the Stanley in Utica, NY.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-04-2004 06:01 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Holmes portable machine he shows on his page is actually a Holmes Professional model. Its not like the model 8's that I have at all. The Professional is not a portable.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: