Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Victoria 5 mistery

Author Topic: Victoria 5 mistery
Felipe Leoni
Film Handler

- posted 08-19-2004 11:07 PM      Profile for Felipe Leoni   Author's Homepage   Email Felipe Leoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!
I´m restoring some Victoria 5 projectors, and i found some electrical challenges. These machines have an automation system that uses inductive sensors after hidraulic compensator, and the projector have a box bellow lamphouse with a emergency button. Looking inside the box, we found 2 eletromechanical counters and some relays. I looked out inet for the schematics, and i sent a e-mail to cinemeccanica, whitout any solution. Can you help me?
Sorry for my bad english, I´m brazilian.
Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 08-20-2004 09:24 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Vic 5 is rather simple the standard projector uses a 3phase motor that will either be connected through a inverter or through 3 resistors and a timing contactor or a bank of capactitors if wired for single phase
The changeover solinoid is maintained 100vdc typically
I usually gut the base and rewire them to do what I want

Felipe Leoni
Film Handler

- posted 08-20-2004 10:02 PM      Profile for Felipe Leoni   Author's Homepage   Email Felipe Leoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
In my case, I have 3phase motors. But I found in manuals a table for many types of motor. In projector´s circuit box, I have 3 resistors and I have the capacitor bank too. I found 2 timing contactors and other contactors. Looking at exciter lamp supply, I found a selector for AC or DC. In the same board I found the sensors connection. So I have a question: Is this all original? Where can I find the original electrical diagrams?

Thanks for helping.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-21-2004 12:58 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since you are both neighbors I think you and Luciano should both get together and figure it out over a six pack of beer [thumbsup] . He's a pretty smart guy! Two noggens are better than one, at least thats what we say here in the States..... Hey! I donno what they say "Up North" but rip all the wiring out and start over again comes to mind for some reason ya know [Confused] .

Mark @ CLACO

Luciano Brigite
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-21-2004 01:41 AM      Profile for Luciano Brigite   Email Luciano Brigite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]
I'm not the only one from Brazil here anymore..

It's being a long time since I saw Vic's 5 with automations in it, but yes, those had the sensors you describe,those where used for lens change and auditorium light control.
the resistors,capacitors,timer and contactors/relays you mention is probably the slow start circuitry for the motor ( almost all the Vic's I saw that had it's original motor switch replaced or were modified for automation had this circuit)
Maybe if you tell from what theatre they came out I'd give a better help [Smile] although I alredy have a guess of where they came [Smile]
Oh, I'd have posted here in Portuguese.. but all the other people here would be left aside [Smile]

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 08-21-2004 03:13 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There have been many variations of motor control + motor types on a V-5, which is basically a slow start on a 3 phase motor. The three phase motors are durable enough to be controlled by an a.c.invertor which would have more advantages than the present hardware.

Felipe Leoni
Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2004 09:40 PM      Profile for Felipe Leoni   Author's Homepage   Email Felipe Leoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello guys!

Thank you all for help. Thanks Luciano for the tips!
I´ll draw the schematic for these machines, and I´ll post a new topic to tell the news and I can send these diagrams after they are completed and comparated whith other machines, if have interest.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 08-31-2004 04:21 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have schematics for this automation. I'll try to get them scanned when I get home from work, probably around 3am.

edit: way too tired, will try to do it Thursday

[ 09-01-2004, 02:45 AM: Message edited by: Daryl C. W. O'Shea ]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 09-02-2004 05:33 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's what the V5 console automation with interlock capability drawing (from 1987) looks like. I'd imagine the pedestal version would be similarly wired. I'll submit the PDF for the manuals section, until then email me if you need a copy.

-

Felipe Leoni
Film Handler

- posted 09-05-2004 09:51 PM      Profile for Felipe Leoni   Author's Homepage   Email Felipe Leoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could you send me a copy of this PDF to felipeleoni@uol.com.br?

Thanks for information.

[Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: