Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » E7 Sprocket play

Author Topic: E7 Sprocket play
Paul Vollmers
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-11-2004 07:46 AM      Profile for Paul Vollmers   Email Paul Vollmers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a small amount of sprocket play (in and out) on the top sprocket of my Simplex E7.........is there a way to get rid of that.
I have a little picture movement on the screen.
Thanks,

Paul

|  IP: Logged

Chris Trainor
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-11-2004 12:49 PM      Profile for Chris Trainor   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Trainor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How much play? I've got a little play on mine and the image is steady. It shoudln't move on it's own (in/out) while running.

When I get home I can measure the amount of play... it's probably only about 1/8" or so. Not so much as it would actually cause the teeth to rub against the 'cup' or whatever it is called that holds the film in place (it's not a roller for obvious reasons, but can't remember what it's officially called)

--chris

Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-11-2004 02:29 PM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are referring to lateral motion (in and out from the frame), try looking for a worn upper shaft washer. See the parts manual pages 24 & 25. Good luck!

Paul Vollmers
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-12-2004 06:47 AM      Profile for Paul Vollmers   Email Paul Vollmers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info.............I checked the washer, and replaced it now the play is gone........something simple....!

Paul

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: