Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Ultra Stereo Processor Models

Author Topic: Ultra Stereo Processor Models
Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2004 03:20 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen three seemingly different Ultra Stereo processors in our circuit:

JS-220
JS-120
JR-220 (or 120 possibly, I don't have the list in front of me)

I know about the J2-220, as I have 9 of them at Lakeville, what are the differences between these?

|  IP: Logged

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 08-06-2004 03:51 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The basic difference between all the USL JS-series models is what cards are inside them.

All can be made into JSX-1000's simply by changing out (or adding, if missing) the proper cards.

The JS-Series manual should have a chart inside of it that shows which models have what cards in them (and what cards to get to upgrade a lesser JS processor into a JSX-1000) [Smile]

-Aaron

Clint Koch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2004 03:53 PM      Profile for Clint Koch   Email Clint Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Arron is correct. Steve, if you need more clarification you can e-mail me.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 08-06-2004 04:31 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also not that it applies here but within the JS line are several different motherboards and chassis
The original JS didn' do SR or split surround and in the later ones there has been several revisions and the THX version is different too I beleive

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2004 01:52 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron,
Yes, I do have the JS series manual, and I understand how the addition of cards changes the model number. What I'm asking about is the difference between JR and JS models. All the JR models I've seen seem to be older models. Are the capabilities of the JR more limited than the JS?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: