Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Does Anyone Have a Manual for Kelmar AS-8200?

Author Topic: Does Anyone Have a Manual for Kelmar AS-8200?
Joshua Waaland
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2004 07:08 AM      Profile for Joshua Waaland   Email Joshua Waaland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently purchased a Kelmar AS-8200 sound system to use until I can afford a digital sound system. It is in great shape but needs some new knobs and the fuse holders are broken. If I can't get a manual I guess I will have to try Newark. But I will need a wiring schematic too. Does anyone have a manual in PDF form or a xerox copy?

Also on the Kelmar website they list an audio input kit that isolates the two cells that you need when running a two projector system. How can I tell if this part has been installed in what I have? There is clearly markings on the inside that show where to wire the two projectors in. Is this it? Please look at the Kelmar website page here to see what I am talking about.

http://www.kelmarsystems.com/Audio/AudioCat/audiocat04.html

Thanks again for your help.

Josh

|  IP: Logged

Edward Jurich
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2004 08:23 AM      Profile for Edward Jurich   Email Edward Jurich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might try Kelmar, they could probably tell you what to look for to see if the 2-machine kit is installed. If the kit is not installed you could just wire up an external changeover switch. The 8200 looks like the mono units they made modified for stereo. I'd assume the inputs and outputs are marked on the terminal blocks.

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2004 09:12 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I say contact Kelmar directly and get the information straight from the horse's mouth.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 08-06-2004 09:17 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
The 7200 listed in the manual section is basically the same thing...

>>> Phil

Don Sneed
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2004 12:10 AM      Profile for Don Sneed   Author's Homepage   Email Don Sneed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I just looked up a copy..it is the same as a AS-7200

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: