Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » A new list of all 70mm projectors

Author Topic: A new list of all 70mm projectors
Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2004 02:26 PM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gentle folks of Film-Tech, I need your assistance, please.

A little summer holiday task to spend time with during the late and boring hours of the last show.

Iīve started yet another list on in70mm.com about all 70mm projectors. Itīs far from complete and I would be extremely happy if you would take a look at it and fill in the missing spaces as far as your knowledge allows you. This in-progress list is just what comes to my mind here and now. I will add pictures of as many machines as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance, now remember, all machines capable of showing anything larger than [the sub-standard] 4-perf. 35mm film format - you know REAL film. [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 07-15-2004 02:50 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For Brazil you have the Inchol 35/70 and 16/35/70 units manufactured in 1970 to early 1980's.
China, the Dong Feng FG 70mm, start date unknown but in production recently.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-15-2004 06:40 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We will be installing 15 rebuilt 35/70 projectors before next February. 3 JJ's and 12 DP-70's.

Also, Thomas, There were two models of the Crown Projector. One was a take off(ok, rip off) of the DP-70 and the other was a three piece unit...seperate picture head, optical head and magnetic head. There wee some of both models brought into the States.

Mark @ CLACO

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: